Lullingstone Castle, Kent.
Only a brief section of visuals for this item currently exist (soundtrack continues throughout). Between 01:39:53 and 01:40:24 we see people re-enacting the first ever lawn tennis match from 1873. Two ladies in crinoline dresses and bonnets prance about the court playing a doubles match with two men, also in Victorian costume. The ball boy is an old man who was a real ball boy at the time of the first tennis matches. A crowd of people watch. There is no net, just a long horizontal pole held up by two barrels.
A VIDEO FROM BRITISH PATHÉ. EXPLORE OUR ONLINE CHANNEL, BRITISH PATHÉ TV. IT’S FULL OF GREAT DOCUMENTARIES, FASCINATING INTERVIEWS, AND CLASSIC MOVIES.
FOR LICENSING ENQUIRIES VISIT
British Pathé also represents the Reuters historical collection, which includes more than 136,000 items from the news agencies Gaumont Graphic (1910-1932), Empire News Bulletin (1926-1930), British Paramount (1931-1957), and Gaumont British (1934-1959), as well as Visnews content from 1957 to the end of 1984. All footage can be viewed on the British Pathé website.
Xem thêm bài viết khác: https://tinthethao24.com/tennis
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Going for Gold – 2020 Tokyo “Tryout” with Keegan-Michael Key and Kevin Hart
- Tennis shutdown and the season ahead
- Assembling the Infinity Gauntlet by playing Tennis in Mario Tennis Aces
- Tennis Clash How to Hinder High Serve Big Forehand Players [Part 6]
- GTA 5 – Amanda Found Amanda And The Tennis Coach (funny moments)