Sania Mirza had just won a Wimbledon doubles final, but one journalist wanted to ask her about motherhood. For Mirza it was the type of question that highlights the sexist attitudes that women face every day.
Gender stereotypes affect women’s ability to succeed in every area of life and encouraging women to prioritize family over professional goals can undermine how women perceive their own competence.
At the current rate of progress, it will take another 108 years to close the global gender gap.
About the series: Every week we’ll bring you a new video story on the entrepreneurs, companies and countries changing our planet for the better. Check back every Monday for a new video on the incredible people changing our world.
The World Economic Forum is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation. The Forum engages the foremost political, business, cultural and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas. We believe that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to make positive change.
World Economic Forum Website ►
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Going for Gold – 2020 Tokyo “Tryout” with Keegan-Michael Key and Kevin Hart
- Tennis shutdown and the season ahead
- Assembling the Infinity Gauntlet by playing Tennis in Mario Tennis Aces
- Tennis Clash How to Hinder High Serve Big Forehand Players [Part 6]
- GTA 5 – Amanda Found Amanda And The Tennis Coach (funny moments)