Tennis elbow (or lateral epicondylitis) is pain on the outside of your elbow where the forearm muscles join onto the elbow. It can cause pain with gripping activities, typing or carrying.
Ellie, a remedial massage and sports therapist at myPhysioSA in North Adelaide, explains what tennis elbow is, its causes and then the best advice on how to effectively self massage the elbow and forearm muscles. Ellie will teach you how to do four different massage techniques that you can use to relieve your tennis elbow pain. These include: myofascial release (twisting, rolling and squeezing), trigger point therapy, and cross friction fiber massage.
Tennis elbow is usually an overuse problem. Over a prolonged period the stress on the elbow and its extensor tendons builds up until symptoms appear. Tennis elbow can take many months to settle even with treatment and the right exercises. Cortisone injections usually only give some temporary relief. See our other videos on the best tennis elbow exercises to do.
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Going for Gold – 2020 Tokyo “Tryout” with Keegan-Michael Key and Kevin Hart
- Tennis shutdown and the season ahead
- Assembling the Infinity Gauntlet by playing Tennis in Mario Tennis Aces
- Tennis Clash How to Hinder High Serve Big Forehand Players [Part 6]
- GTA 5 – Amanda Found Amanda And The Tennis Coach (funny moments)