This week’s video article shows you how to thoroughly analyze a tennis serve not only from the technical / mechanical point of view but also from the mental one.
Having an incorrect mental image of the stroke is many times the original cause of incorrect technique as players do not develop flawed strokes just by some coincidence.
There’s always a reason and we have to dig deeper to uncover it.
I’d also like to thank Steven for allowing me to use the footage from our lessons for this article.
You’ll see go deep you can go into figuring out the reasons for problems on the serve and how we then worked on the toss and the throwing motion with feel based drills.
You’ll also see the reality of trying to change a certain movement and how you have to battle the old vs new programs in your practice sessions.
It’s a completely normal learning process but if you’re not aware of it it may frustrate you a lot.
The video runs for about 20 minutes – but took me around 20 hours to edit 😉 – so make sure you set some time aside for this serve video analysis.
Links to clips used in this video (no copyright infringement intended):
Ivo Karlovic serve:
Alexander Dolgopolov serve:
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Going for Gold – 2020 Tokyo “Tryout” with Keegan-Michael Key and Kevin Hart
- Tennis shutdown and the season ahead
- Assembling the Infinity Gauntlet by playing Tennis in Mario Tennis Aces
- Tennis Clash How to Hinder High Serve Big Forehand Players [Part 6]
- GTA 5 – Amanda Found Amanda And The Tennis Coach (funny moments)